STC Membership and Requirements
Download the Membership Application Package (PDF)
Application Form Only (MS Word Doc)
STC Definition of a Telecommunication and Information Technology Consultant
A person who by education, training, and/or experience is:
Consultant Membership Requirements
- Proficient in applying the skills and knowledge of telecommunications and/or information technology consulting
- Actively employed in the telecommunications or information technology consulting profession
- Financially and organizationally independent of any organization that provides telecommunication or information technology equipment and/or services.
To be eligible for full Consultant Membership in the STC, an individual must have three years experience in telecommunications or information technology as follows:
- At least one year working as a telecommunications or information technology consultant and currently employed as a consultant.
- The remaining experience may include:
- Employment by a provider of telecommunications or information technology equipment or services in a sales or engineering capacity.
- Study in the telecommunication or information technology discipline at an institution of higher education.
- Employed in a technical or managerial capacity in the telecommunications or information technology field by a user of telecommunications services and equipment.
- Similar or related experience.
- Agree to abide by and uphold the ethical and professional standards of the STC and its bylaws.
- Provide evidence in the form of client references of having conducted themselves in accordance with the STC ethical and professional standards.
Associate Consultant Membership Requirements
- Actively employed in the profession of telecommunications or information technology consulting but are not able to meet all the requirements of full Consultant.
- Willing to commit to and request consideration as a full member upon meeting all the requirements.
- Associates enjoy all the rights, benefits and responsibilities of a full member except for the right to vote or hold office.
Affiliate Membership Requirements
Individuals involved in telecommunications, such as end-users, educators, and press, who do not otherwise qualify for membership in the STC may, at the discretion of the Membership Committee, be designated as Affiliate members. They do not have the right to vote or hold office.
Student Membership Requirements
- Pursuing a course of study as a full time student in the telecommunications, information technology or related discipline.
- Furnish the STC with a copy of the present course of study and the previously completed courses.
Emeritus Membership Requirements
Emeritus membership is granted to members who retire from their consulting practices who have been STC members for a minimum of ten years.